Friday, July 1, 2011

One of the Biggest Days I'll Have in This Valley

Today. 5:00 p.m. Larry Crowne at Edwards Valencia 12. It's one of the movies I knew I wanted to see during the summer, and planned to, but I thought I might see it over the weekend or a little later. Not a chance.

An actor named Sy Richardson is going to the same showing. You might know Sy. Remember the Super Bowl FedEx commercial with the huge frickin' pigeons flapping about outside, and crashing a car through that high-rise office window? He played the boss in that one.

Better yet, remember "Pushing Daisies" and the ever-quietly-suspicious coroner? That was him! And that was how I met him on Facebook.

I found his profile and sent him a message conveying my highest compliments of his role on that show I still love and still miss so dearly. He is one of the genuine decent actors living here in the Santa Clarita Valley. He's not fake, phony, or hollow. And a few months before Larry Crowne came out (he has a small role as one of the employees at the big box store, thereby having the distinction of having been directed by Tom Hanks), he suggested the notion that I finally meet him when it comes time. Well, today's the day. And I'm bringing my season 1 and season 2 "Pushing Daisies" DVD sets for him to autograph (The season 1 set is studded with autographs from Chi McBride, Barry Sonnenfeld, many of the writers from "Pushing Daisies", the woman who played Gina, Emerson Cod's dog-trainer girlfriend, and a few others, all gotten at the Paley Center event which screened the final three episodes before they aired). I'll let you know how it went. I'm really excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment