Sunday, June 5, 2011

Muddy Waters

For dinner last night, Mom and Dad went to Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ at The District at Green Valley Ranch in Henderson. I crave going there again, for their cheese grits, real grits.

Mom ordered an Arnold Palmer, which is half iced tea, half lemonade. The waitress said that in the west, that's called "muddy waters."

It's not just at the Lucille's chain that that holds true, but also at the M &M Soul Food Cafe on West Charleston in Las Vegas.

With everything I'm hearing about our potential new apartment complex, that it has a full-size pool table in the front office, an indoor and outdoor jacuzzi, a sauna, a tennis court, two basketball hoops, and a pool, I'm ready to adopt new terms for this new life. I used to call that concoction an Arnold Palmer, but I'm fine with changing it. After all, moving to Las Vegas and the surrounding areas is all about reinvention. You have the rare chance to remember who you are and live however you want to live. This is my kind of start to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment