Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another Day, More Dollars

The head campus supervisor at La Mesa called the house tonight. He and another campus supervisor are going to be out for the next two days. Did I want the hours? Hell yes! 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for this other campus supervisors. Six hours. And, according to the paycheck I got when I was a substitute for Liz, that's $13 an hour. A few dollars taken off as they always are by the district, but it's not a bad shaving.

So my plan for tomorrow is as follows:

- Wake up a little after 6, giving a scant few minutes over to checking my e-mail and posting on my Facebook account as I usually do, since access is blocked at the school.

- Breakfast is Cheerios in the plastic race car with the Cheerios logo on the hood, and the back opens up for the Cheerios, Silk Very Vanilla soymilk, and a banana.

- Since I report in at 9:30, less than an hour after school begins, I have time to go online in my dad's classroom, being that the class that period is small, and I can read. I'm bringing Books by Larry McMurtry, American Original: The Life and Constitution of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia by Joan Biskupic (I've been following the new Supreme Court term, reading transcripts of the arguments and the reportage of Lyle Denniston on SCOTUSblog (http://www.scotusblog.com) and Biskupic on the USA Today website, and though I know a little about Scalia, I've become more and more curious about him), and On the Road with Charles Kuralt by Charles Kuralt, transcripts of his programs, with photos. I'm reading Books, so that'll be first in my reading time. At 259 pages, it's relatively short, and I may start the Scalia one towards the end of the work day tomorrow.

- I then do what I usually do throughout the day, making sure the kids get to class, walking around, making sure that everything's ok, supervising the kids at lunch along with the rest of the campus supervisors, and whatever comes around tomorrow. Each day differs slightly. Keeps it interesting, though to me, it's always interesting.

- I got some great news from Meridith that we're getting dinner from Wienerschnitzel tomorrow which, for me, means a pastrami sandwich (I liked it when I had it last time) and ultimate chili cheese fries, with sour cream and diced onions. Wienerschnitzel cares about good chili cheese fries and this is the last time I'll break my diet for a while. Plus, I'll be good for the entire day, and it's nice to have at the end of the day. Something as enjoyable as the previous parts of the day will likely be.

It's nice to have these two days slide right into the weekend. Money earned on a Friday. Can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment