Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Got a Subbing Job!

The automated sub system called the house, and Dad picked it up because I don't know what my code is, and he has it written down. Meridith's working in his middle school already as a one-on-one aide to one of the disabled kids there, so the call was for me, to be a substitute campus supervisor tomorrow, with my favorite hours, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Starts early, ends early.

I'm a bit disappointed because it'll be hot enough again tomorrow that I won't be able to do as much walking as I had hoped in order to drop a pound or two, but because of the heat, perhaps the kids will be calm tomorrow. I don't know what the new crop of 7th graders is like, since this will be my first time as a substitute campus supervisor in the new school year, but I look forward to finding out.

Made my lunch, got at least one book for tomorrow for my lunchtime and when I'm done with work (I'll look for another viable one before I go to bed), and all I need is a shower, and I'll cover that later. I'm psyched! A paycheck again!

No comments:

Post a Comment